Working at home has many challenges during this period of Movement Control Order (MCO). Productivity and job performance may be a bit distracting for those who are used to doing work in the workplace. This is because, at home, you may not have the same space and facilities at your place of work. But, did you work ergonomically at home?
What is Ergonomic?
Ergonomics derives from two Greek words: ergon, meaning work, and nomoi, meaning natural laws, to create a word that means the science of work and a person’s relationship to that work.
Ergonomics is the science of making things comfy. It also makes things efficient. And when you think about it, comfy is just another way of making things efficient. However, for simplicity, ergonomics makes things comfortable and efficient.
Examples: Using proper posture and body mechanics, good placement of computer equipment, comfortable handles and grips as well as the efficient layout of kitchen appliances are all aspects of ergonomics.
Element in Ergonomic: Human, Machine, Duty and Environment.
Why Ergonomics is Important in Our Daily Lives?
Making things comfort.
- Comfort is much more than a soft handle
- Better ergonomics mean better quality, which means you will be more comfortable with the value of the item.
Making things efficient
- Reducing the strength required makes a process more physically efficient
- Reducing the number of steps in a task makes it quicker (i.e. efficient) to complete.
- Reducing the number of parts makes repairs more efficient
- Reducing the amount of training needed
How to Work Ergonomically at Home
1. Choose a space that is very comfortable and safe
Special room, space with appropriate lighting and easy to manage
2. Choose adjustable and flexible stuff for working time.
Adjustable table or flexible chair.
3, Make sure your body posture is in good condition and comfortable.
To avoid Musculoskeletal Disorder (MSD) and Cumulative Trauma Disorder (CTD).
Give attention to your body part such as your legs, knee, hand, shoulder, neck and eyes.
Always move or change your position every 30 minutes to avoid you collapes or boring.
4. You need to do some stretching or light exercise.
To make sure your productivity and blood circulation in a good function. Avoiding numbness. So, take five and do some stretching and light activities for a while.
5. Manage the work in an orderly and systematic manner.
Work lot not suitable time cause you burdened and stress. So plan your work perfectly. Arrange your time to work and to rest, prepare your stuff and manage your daily duty. Use wireless tools also can help you manage
6. Make sure the lighting system and sound system are properly maintained.
Make sure your space or room for working has good lighting and sound system. Not too noisy or interruptions to your work. Not too hot or cool, just make you comfortable and happy to do work.
In conclusions, work ergonomically can help you work in order, properly and provide high productivity during working. Ergonomically also provide you a healthy work and good emotions.